Accessing Care with the Help of Toronto Diabetes Care Connect
Accessing Quality Care
Toronto Diabetes Care Connect (TDCC), a program of South Riverdale Community Health Centre (SRCHC), can help you find the support you need.
Since 2013 TDCC has worked with healthcare providers and organizations across the Toronto Central Region to make it as easy as possible for people living with or at risk of diabetes to get the high quality care they need by:
- Operating a website to provide a place to easily find out about and get connected to diabetes-related support;
- Operating the Toronto Central Referral Service (TCRS);
- Offering professional education opportunities to healthcare providers in the region (e.g. Case-based Discussions, New Hires Program); and
- Collaboratively working together with diabetes programs across the region to support equitable access to high quality diabetes care for those living with or at risk of diabetes.
Visit TDCC’s website (www.TorontoDiabetesReferral.com) to find information about and get connected to a number of programs, services, and supports for people living with or at risk of developing diabetes and for the healthcare providers supporting them within the Toronto Central Local Health Integration (LHIN) Region. Some key features include:
- Easy connection to the following programs through the Toronto Central Referral Service (on-line, fax, and phone referral options are available)
- Diabetes Education Programs (across Ontario);
- Diabetes Eye Screening (Teleophthalmology) Programs (across the TC LHIN region);
- Diabetes Prevention Programs (across the TC LHIN region); and
- Self-Management Programs (across the TC LHIN region).
- Links to a number of other programs/services to support anyone living with or at risk of diabetes.
- Tools, information, and links to professional development support for healthcare providers who support those living with diabetes. Some key examples include:
- Information to support referral to endocrinology within the TC LHIN
- Information to support those on insulin (including a downloadable prescription and insulin order);
- Healthcare provider resources to support quality care such as:
- Guidelines & Information;
- Links to professional development opportunities (including the New Hires Program, a program for healthcare providers new to diabetes); and
- QI resources.
For more information about TDCC, the TCRS, or the programs we support, please visit www.TorontoDiabetesReferral.com.